Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting in Synch

I recently upgraded to Family Tree Maker 2012, which allows me to synch up with the tree I store on Ancestry.com.

It's only been a few days, but I already appreciate the feature. Not only do the two "versions" match, but the synching also covers photos. With older versions of FTM, I could download a gedcom from Ancestry.com, but that wouldn't incorporate any of the photos (have thousands) that I've either found on the site or uploaded myself.

I still prefer to work on the site -- Ancestry.com's hints work better in an online environment -- but I love the fact that I have a 100% accurate backup on my computer.

4 comments:

  1. I will have to check that out, wonder if its expensive tho, should be free..for ancestry's sake! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *p.s. lol...had to look twice at your heading; thought it said gynecologist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under $50 taxes in (free shipping)

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny! maybe the next blog... ;-)

    ReplyDelete